Sunday, May 6, 2012

Buckwheat Groat Salad


I wanted to switch up my salad so I decided to cook up some buckwheat groats and put those in my salad instead of my usual brown rice or quinoa. Buckwheat is very nutritious, it is good for your blood and heart because of it's rich supply of flavonoids and magnesium. 

Buckwheat Groat Salad
1 cup of Buckwheat Groats
2 cups of water
cucumber
tomato
lettuce
avocado
shredded carrots
alfalfa sprouts
bell peppers

Dressing of your choice, preferably home made

Cook Buckwheat groats according to the package directions, I bought mine bulk so I just took 1 cup of the groats to 2 cups water and cooked for about 15 minutes. Then just add whatever veggies you have in your fridge! 



3 comments:

  1. mmm, looks good! Can I eat buckwheat if I have sensitivities to wheat? I just always assumed no since they both have wheat in the name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup you can have it! Buckwheat is not related to wheat at all, it is actually related to rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup you can have it! Buckwheat is not related to wheat at all, it is actually related to rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete