Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ear Infections

About 2 weeks ago there was a nasty virus that went through my house. I was hoping that Cosette wouldn't get it and just when I thought she was good, she came down with a cough. I get really stressed out when my kids get sick. Well she seemed to be doing just fine but about 5 days into her cold, just when she seemed to be all better, she came down with a fever. She was absolutely miserable!! After 2 days of misery and the fever still around I decided to take her in to a doctor. He confirmed my fear...she had an ear infection and of course he prescribed antibiotics. I knew that if I gave her those antibiotics that her eczema would come back with a vengeance, so there was no way I was going to do that. Luckily my friend Gina reminded my of my essential oils! That night I diluted one drop of both Doterra's Purify and Melaleuca in 1 tbsp of olive oil and applied it around her ear (Be sure never to put oils IN the ear). I applied the mix again in the middle of the night when she woke up for a feeding and by morning her fever was gone. She still had a rough day, it didn't help that she was also getting her first tooth at the same time. I kept applying the mix around her ear for the next couple days until she was better. I was so grateful that I didn't have to resort to antibiotics or that I would have to deal with chronic ear infections or any other issues because of the antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment