1. Drink Warm Water in the Morning
- Your body has been busy detoxing all night so one of the best things you can do is have a warm cup of water in the morning to clean out the bowels. Add some lemon to assist in the detox.
2. Eat your breakfast
- Your stomach is very eager when you wake up and is at its strongest so eat a good, substantial breakfast.
3. Don't Drink during Meals
- When you drink during your meals you dilute your digestive enzymes which means it will take longer for you to digest and is harder on your system. Try and drink 30 minutes before your meal and wait at least 30 minutes after your meal but preferably 1.5 hours after eating.
- You want to chew your food as best you can before swallowing because the saliva is where the digestive process begins and you will have better nutrient absorption.
-Your body puts digestion on hold if you are stressed. So be sure to eat when you are calm and sit and enjoy your meal.
6. Listen to your body
- All unhealthy foods aside, when you go grocery shopping pass by the herbs, fruits and vegetables and pay attention to what you feel looks good and smells good. And try it out!
- Sprouted grains and seeds, raw fruits and veggies and nuts are loaded with live enzymes which are the key to absorbing nutrients. So eat as much raw as you can.
8. Drink your Greens
- Try and make yourself a green drink every morning. Whether you juice or blend, throw in some fruits and veggies, focusing on the greens every morning. Here is a Green Smoothie recipe that you will enjoy:
1 cup almond milk
1 cup grapes
1/2 can pineapple with juice (100% juice, no syrup)
1/4 inch slice of lemon (include the rind)
1/2-1 bunch of kale
1 apple, core removed
2 small oranges
1 cup of frozen fruit, whatever I have at the time
Enough water until it is my desired consistency
Blend it up!!
9. Eat fruit separately
- Fruit is digested very quickly so when you eat it with other foods it just sits in your stomach and ferments which causes gas and indigestion. Eat fruit about 30 mins before other foods.
10. Light at Night
- Try not to eat before going to bed, give yourself a couple of hours to digest before bedtime. It is hard on your body and your body needs to be focusing on cleaning and detoxing while you are sleeping and not on digesting.