Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To Vaccinate or Not?


I decided before having my first baby that I was not going to Vaccinate my children. It was an EXTREMELY difficult decision that took many months to come to. There is a documentary that I just discovered called "The Greater Good" that is about vaccinations. I encourage everyone to watch and do their own research on the topic. It is important for every parent to know all the facts about vaccinations so that if they decide to vaccinate or not, they feel like they made an educated decision.
"The Greater Good looks behind the fear, hype and politics that polarize people into emotionally charged pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine camps with no room for middle ground. Exploring the cultural intersection where parenting meets modern medicine and individual rights collide with politics, this character driven documentary weaves together the stories of three families whose lives have been forever changed by vaccination. By reframing the vaccine debate and offering, for the first time, the opportunity to have a rational and scientific discussion on how to create a safer and more effective vaccine program in America today, The Greater Good challenges viewers to think again."
Here is the link! The Greater Good

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally on the fence with this topic, so thanks for the documentary! Their claim to look "behind the fear, hype and politics" is totally bogus, but it was still thought-provoking for me in many areas. The other side of the coin for me can be found towards the bottom of the page of this link: http://lds.org/ensign/1985/07/random-sampler/immunizations-a-reminder?lang=eng&query=immunization

    So confusing to know what to do about this... But I guess the vaccine schedule recommended by the Church includes way fewer vaccines than the typical schedule... I don't know. This topic stymies me.

    ReplyDelete