Friday, November 18, 2011

Banana Spelt Scones

Maybe it's because I am in the UK right now but I had a craving for some scones and had some ripe bananas so here is the latest recipe!

Banana Spelt Scones
2 1/4 cups Spelt flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter or earth balance

3 ripe bananas
2 tbsp coconut milk (or any milk)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey

Preheat the oven to 425ÂșC
Grease a large cookie sheet.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl then cut in the butter until it is crumbly
Mash the bananas with the milk, vanilla and honey
Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
You may need to add more flour depending on how moist your mixture is, place in lightly floured surface and pat into a 3/4" thick circle. Cut into 12 wedges.
Bake for 14-16 mins


2 comments:

  1. MMmmm, can you mail us some? Or, I mean can you drop some in the post? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made some - although I didn't have spelt on hand so I used whole wheat, but they were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete