Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cold coming on?

It's that time of the year where the colds come on! I hate it when my kids are sick, it makes me a little crazy but I have a few tricks up my sleeve that help a ton. I learned a bit about essential oils about a year ago and they have saved my life a couple times so now I CAN NOT be without them. I also have some herbal remedies that I use as well. 
If I am feeling a little off then I take about 5000mg+ of Vitamin C through out the day as well as take  Grapefruit Seed Extract. GSE is absolutely amazing and is not just good for colds. Grapefruit seed extract or GSE has many medicinal properties that have been proven very effective in fighting various infections, viruses, and harmful germs.  You can use it to wash vegetables, fruits, meat, and poultry. You can also clean cutting boards, toothbrushes and all kinds of utensils with it as well. And the best part is it can be used by people of all ages and there are no side effects if used properly. 
I take my essential oils orally as well as put them on the bottom of my feet. I use the brands DoTerra as well as Young Living Oils. It is VERY important that you use THERAPEUTIC grade oils. My must haves are OnGuard* or Thieves* (depending on brand), Oregano*, Melaleuca*, Lemon*, Lavender* and Peppermint*. I put a couple of drops of OnGuard, Oregano and Melaleuca in a capsule and take with water and some food. I will also dilute the oils with olive oil and put on my feet before I go to bed.  
I do most of the above for my kids as well. I make sure they get lots of vitamin C and I put the oils on their feet (make sure you have socks ready to put on after, the oils may damage your carpet or furniture).
I also give my kids GSE, I buy the tablet form so they just chew them up with their other vitamins. Wasn't easy at first but they are used to it now.
There are SO many other remedies out there but I will just leave it here for now!

OnGuard or Thieves- The oils in these blends have been studied for their strong abilities to kill harmful bacteria, mold and viruses.

Oregano- Antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic,antiviral and an immune stimulant

Melaleuca- Analgesic (painkiller), antibacterial, ant-ifungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, etc.

Lemon- Anti-cancer, antidepressant, antiseptic, anti-fungal, antioxidant, antiviral, etc.

Lavender- Analgesic, antidepressant, antif-ungal, antimicrobial, etc.

Peppermint- Analgesic, Antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, anti-carcinogenic, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment